I love end of the year lists and many of my yoga classes this week are about gratitude. We may not realize what we should be thankful for until this time of year, but that means we’re human. So I’m taking the time to list what I’m thankful for this year.
- My parents. I am beyond lucky to have their support. I wouldn’t be where I am today without them.
- The thread of amazing women I’m still in contact with from college. We’re in our own corners of the world, but still make the effort to keep each other updated and to share random newsworthy items. Our reunions are few and far between these days, but that makes them more special.
- My two other close friends from college. One I’ve known all my life and the other since sophomore year. Both are daily fixtures in my life and I’m grateful for their friendship over the long distance. Couldn’t do it without them.
- My health. My yoga practice. The ability to run a few miles. It’s changed my life being able to do these things. And I’ve had enough aches and pains to be thankful that my body allows me to move how I want to move (for the most part). I hope to expand my yoga practice by completing teacher training in the next year.
- My job. After many months of worrying about never finding a job, I’m in a position that challenges me every day and is in the field I love. It keeps me in Denver, near the topography that warms my soul.
- My ability to be by myself. I sense another transition year approaching. I’ve done alone in a new city before; now I’ll do alone in MY city.
- Oh! And postcards!
If you’re reading this, you’re definitely one of the people mentioned above. But know that you’re in my thoughts daily. I’m thankful for your presence in my life. My heart is happy because of you.